SENSEI GENE M. TIBON, JR.
Tibons Goju Ryu Fighting Arts
Eugene M. Tibon Jr. Martial Arts Resume Outside interest and accomplishments:
• Internationally certified 6th degree Black Belt. Owner and Chief Instructor of Tibon’s Goju Ryu Fighting Arts Karate Dojo located in Stockton, California along with four additional satellite schools in Stockton, Modesto, Lodi, Durango, Co. with active enrollment of 650-750 students.
• Have taught and developed 201 National Champions, 167 International champions at various international competitions in North American, 62 IMACF and GSKA State Champions 115 USANKF Junior Olympic gold medalist, 1 Gold Medalist Junior World Champion Budapest Hungary, 1 silver medalist at the Junior World Championships in Budapest, Hungary, Gold Medal at the USA vs. Egypt Goodwill Games in Ohio. Developed students selected to the USA National Team Pool for the Pan-American Championships in Dominican Republic, Canada, and Honduras, the Women’s World Cup in Japan, the University World Championships in Japan, Men’s World Cup in the Philippines, the Paris Open in France, and University World Championships in Lille, France, WKF Junior World Championships in Athens, Greece, and Junior Pan-American Championships in Trinidad, Port of Spain, Silver Medal 2002 Women’s World Cup in Toulon, France, 3 members of the USA Team to 3rd University World Championships in Puebla, Mexico, Gold Medal 2002 Junior Pan-American Championships in Caracas, Venezuela,3 Bronze Medals 2003 Junior Pan-American Championships in Vancouver, Canada, 3 members USA Team to the 2003 World Championships Marseille, France, 2 members to Santiago, Chile, and 3 to the Senior Pan-American Championships in Argentina in 2005,one junior to the PUKO Pan-American Karate Championships in Montevideo, Uruguay, 5 athletes selected to the USA National Junior Team for the USANKF North American Cup Stockton,Ca., two athletes to the Senior Pan-American Championships in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, two athletes to the Junior Pan-American Championships in Curacao Antilles Netherlands, one athlete to the 2006 FISU 5th University World Championships in New York Aug.2006, one athletes to the Senior North American Cup in Canada for team selection to the 2007 Pan-American Games in Brazil in February 2007.
• Inducted into the International Martial Arts Competitors Federation Black Belt Hall of Fame, 1989. • Inducted into the A.A. Stagg High School Hall of Fame 1995.
• Inducted into the World Of Martial Arts Hall of Fame March 1999.
• Inducted into the Pioneer and Legends Martial Arts Hall of Fame May 1999. • Inducted into the Who’s Who in the Martial Arts World Nagel Publications Geneva, Switzerland
• Inducted into the USA National Karate-do Federation Hall of Fame for Achievement Award “Man of the Year 2001”. The NGB for traditional Karate in USA, member of the USA Olympic Committee.
• Inducted into the 2005 U.S.A. Martial Arts Hall of Fame
• President and founder of Martial Arts for a Better World Promotions, as a non-profit organization. This organization donated $52,000 to children’s charities from 1992-1994. Major recipients included the Polly Klass Foundation, San Joaquin County Child Abuse Prevention Council, and the Stockton Police Youth Activities Cadet and Boxing Program
• Vice President Western Region USA National Karate-Do Federation, the National Governing Body for Traditional Karate in the United States under the USA Olympic Committee for two terms.
• President elect 2001 USANKF of Northern California Regional Sports Organization.
• President Western United States for Goju Ryu Uchiage Kai Karate international organization, 1 of 2 senior instructors in the USA for Goju Ryu Uchiage Kai since March 1, 1996.
• Chairman of the Selection Committee for the USA National Karate Federation Hall of Fame Award, the NGB under the US Olympic Committee.
• Member of the USANKF Dan Certification National Black Belt Testing Board, Chairman USANKF Coaches Selection Licensing Board, USANKF Technical Committee, member of the USANKF Organizing Tournament Committee, member of the Board of Governors, member of the USANKF Appeals Jury, and one of the founding Fathers of the USA National Karate-do Federation, the NGB for traditional Karate in the United States, member of the USA Olympic Committee.
• Member of the National Board of Review for the USA National Karate Federation, which reports findings in arbitration cases to the USA Olympic Committee in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
• Past Honorary Board of Directors for the San Joaquin County Child Abuse Prevention Council 1994-1997.
• The Official Host of the USA National Karate-Do Federation National Championships and USA Team Trials held in Sacramento, Calif. July 28- 30, 2000
• Past member of the Tiger Claw Promoters Alliance of Northern California hosting qualifier at Alex G. Spanos Center in Stockton California 1800 competitors.
• Head of USA 10 member Delegation to the 2002 Paris Open Karate Championships in Paris, France. • Head of USA 12 member Delegation to the 2002 3rd University World Championships in Puebla, Mexico.
• Local Organizing Committee Chairman for USANKF for the United States Olympic Committee Titan Games 2003 ESPN 2 in San Jose, Ca Karate event.
• Elected by the 2003 USANKF Congress to Executive Vice President and member of the Executive Committee for the USA National Karate-do Federation the National Governing Body for Karate in the United States, member of the USA Olympic Committee for a 4 year term.
• Head of USA 50 member Delegation for the 2003 Junior Pan-American Karate Championships in Vancouver, Canada.
• Head of USA 38 member Delegation for the 2003 Cadet-Junior World Championships in Marseille, France.
• The Official Host of the USA National Karate-Do Federation National Championships and USA Team Trials in San Jose, Calif. July 25, 26, 27, 2003.
• Host of USANKF of Northern California National Championships Qualifier to the USA National and USA Team Trials since 1999 to present.
• Karate Sports Coordinator for the 2004 Police/Firemen Summer Games Stockton Civic Auditorium..
• Voted in 2004 to a 4-year term on the City of Stockton Sports Commission Executive Board of Directors.
• Head of USA 45 member Delegation for the 2005 Junior Pan-American Karate Championships in Monte Video, Uruguay.
• Named the Official Host of the 2005 USANKF Junior Olympics and Masters Championships to be held in Stockton, CA. Nov. 12-13th, 2005 at the Stockton Sports Arena as the inaugural opening event for the newly constructed $60 million sports complex.
• Named 2006 Technical Advisor for development of the “USFMAF” United States Filipino Martial Arts Federation and its charge to develop a non-profit organization to up hold the Filipino Martial arts to its highest standard of development in the country.
• Produced and Directed 2006 US Open International Karate Championships with 33 countries involved Caesars Palace Las Vegas the Pavilion for 3 day event.
• Named as the 2007 National Coordinator for the Disneyland Martial Arts Festival and the Disneyworld Martial Arts Festival responsible for Classical Okinawan Japanese Karate and Kobudo for next 8 years. Is slated to be largest Martial Arts Event on the Planet, eventually setting up International Goodwill competition between Disney Americas vs. Disney Japan vs. Disney Euro.
• Currently an employee for 33 years at Pacific Gas and Electric Company, and is currently an Investigator for Fraud and Theft for Energy Theft Division Revenue Assurance Dept. in Stockton Division
• Married to Yvonne for 33 wonderful years, two great son's Gino and Adam, three beautiful grandsons Dylan, Miles, Gavin, and a daughter in law I couldn't be more proud of Nicole.