PROFESSOR PHILIP G. ROSS
American Eagle Martial Arts Academy
Professor Philip G. Ross is Chief Instructor and System Developer, has been involved in the Combative Arts for over 30 years. In addition to his Instructorship Ranks Bando, Taekwondo, Shamrock Submission Fighting, Arnis, he has won National, State and Regional Titles while competing in a multitude of disciplines.
Master Ross was inducted in the Martial Arts Hall of Fame and is a High School Wrestling Coach for an NJ State ranked team. He has had the good fortune of either training under and/or receiving ranks from:
- Professor Jon Collins: East/West Martial Arts Alliance/Bando
- Dr. Patrick Finely: Bando/Arnis & Shootfighting
- Frank Shamrock: Shamrock Submission Fighting
- Dr. Maung Gyi: American Bando Association
- Shihan James Martin: Shotokan Karate
- Guro Dan Inosanto: Arnis (Through Patrick Finely)
- Tom Patire: CDT
- Dr. Mike Evangel: Taekwondo
- Chris Catalfo: US Wrestling Olympian
- Dave Pruzansky: Pan American Judo Champion
- Carl Cestari: Combatu Defendu Jujutsu
- Cosmo Ferro (Grandfather) – Western Boxing, Silk City Gym, Paterson, New Jersey
- Pavel Tsatsouline - Russian Kettlebell Challenge Certified Instructor
Master Ross owns and operates American Eagle Martial Arts Academy which is comprised of a unique blend of Martial Disciplines.
The arts of Taekwondo, Bando, Jujutsu and Arnis make for a system that is well suited for the street, ring, artistic competition, physical fitness or "peace of mind".
The techniques studied and philosophies employed have deep roots in the long standing tradition of Martial Arts, coupled with the ability to adapt to the situations and demands of modern day society. Fitness, practicality, growth, development of motor skills and a positive environment are the direct results of our methodology.