ROBIN TABERNA, SR.
Jae Sio Kwon (Korea)
Master Robin Taberna, Sr. has been a martial arts instructor from 1971 to present and is a Vietnam veteran. He is a 5th degree black belt in tae kwon do and professor 7th dan in go shin jitsu-kai. Over the past 30 years he has been actively involved in the martial arts at every level. He is a renowned martial arts teacher, educator, tournament producer, civic leader, public speaker and trainer of world karate champions.
RECEIVED BLACK BELT 1968
Jae Sio Kwon (Korea)
- Son Won Tree
- Norman Wong
- Leo Fong
- Prof. Wally Jay
- Prof. Art Diocson
- Eric Lee
INTERNATIONAL MARTIAL ARTS COMPETITORS FEDERATION:
- Black Belt Hall of Fame (Imacf) 1992
- Voted Best Instructor “ 1992
- Voted Best Official “ 1992
- Black Belt Forms Champion “ 1993
- Black Belt Forms Champion 1994
- Masters Hall of Fame 2003
- Forms Champion at Numerous Tournaments Including:
- Ed Parker’s International Karate Championships
- Don (The Dragon’s) Hollywood Classics
- Las Vegas Internationals and Others
- President and Founder of The Golden State Karate Association
CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE MARTIAL ARTS:
Volunteer martial arts instructor at the Manteca boys and girls club - 1982 to present, teaching over 5,000 youths since the program began at no cost.
- “1987” United States Volunteer Appreciation Award from President Ronald Regan
- “1995” United States Outstanding Volunteer Appreciation Award from President Bill Clinton
- “1995” Started The Golden State Karate Association Tournament Circuit. A Non-Profit Organization with Proceeds Benefiting the Manteca Boys and Girls Club
- “1996” City Of Manteca Hall of Fame for Athletics
- “1997” 15 Year Volunteer Service Award from the Boys and Girls Club of America.
- “2000” Voted Into the Golden State Karate Association’s Black Belt Hall of Fame.
- “2002” Volunteer Award for 20 Years of Service to the Youth of Manteca
- “2002” Inducted Into the Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Fame
- "2003" Inducted Into the "Masters Hall of Fame"
- "2003" Masters Hall of Fame Humanitarian Award
- "2004" Masters Hall of Fame Lifetime Achievement Award
- "2004" Inducted Into the World Martial Arts Masters Hall of Fame
- "2004" Inducted Into the International Karate and Kickboxing Hall of Fame
- "2004" Lifetime Achievement Award by Grand Master Leo Fong