INCREASE STUDENT ENROLLMENTS AND RETENTION WITH
“KID-JITSU®” LICENSING AND INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
By Larry Shealy, M.B.A.
Having spent over twenty years in corporate America in the Medical Device Sales and Management field, In June 2005, I decided to walk from the grind of corporate America, and take my “hobby” full-time.
My hobby has been the martial arts and specifically Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for the past 11 plus years. My goal at the time was to attempt to apply the fundamental business tenets I had developed over the years into my school: Jacksonville Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Inc, a Royce Gracie Academy. I am a three-stripe Brown Belt under the Instruction of Master Carlos Gracie, Jr.. I am also a Black Belt in TaeKwonDo, a Certified Muay Thai Instructor (Kru) and a Certified Haganah F.I.G.H.T. Instructor.
Since I took my hobby full time, my student enrollment numbers have grown from 10 students in November 2005 to over 200 students in July 2007. I have been blessed with some very rapid growth over the past year and a half.
I found out in a hurry some of the things that you already know: the beauty of enrollments, retention, higher prices and upgrades. The demographic of my school went from young male “tough guys” with no money to pay tuition, to professionals, kids, women and families, virtually over night.
I also found out, in a hurry, something else that you already know. There is a HUGE market for children in martial arts. I have built a fairly large base of children students, having only 3 Kid-Jitsu® classes per week. My classes are scheduled at 6:00pm on Tuesday and Thursday, and 10:00am on Saturday mornings. That’s it!
There is a much better approach for everyone in the martial arts business to add a children’s program in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.. An approach that can shift the paradigm for all who are interested in:
- increasing their enrollment numbers,
- increasing their retention rates,
- asking for and receiving higher prices and
- upgrades for their martial arts programs and packages.
- increase pro shop sales.
- Add Gracie Jiu-Jitsu for kids into your current curriculum.
I believe that the Martial Arts Industry does a wonderful job at marketing and teaching the children. Karate Schools “kick butt” when it comes to marketing and enrolling the children’s market. I could increase my advertising and marketing budget ten-fold and never touch these guys in their marketing abilities. I’m not one to fight losing battles, so I’ve developed a program that can take a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu children’s program to the masters of marketing to the children’s markets……..YOU!
With the assistance of Royce Gracie Black Belt, Charles dos Anjos, we’ve put together and licensed a special curriculum that will, through an Instructional Certification Program, allow martial arts schools to implement a Certified and highlystructured children’s BJJ program into their already flourishing martial arts schools. The program is called “Kid-Jitsu®” and is licensed under the International “Kid-Jitsu®” Association, LLC.
Larry and Charles dos Anjos pictured at Jacksonville Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. In addition to being a Royce Gracie Black Belt, Charles also holds Black Belts in Judo and Shotokon Karate.
Charles and I developed The “Kid-Jitsu® Licensing and Instructor Certification Program, for you, the martial arts business owner and/or Instructor, to be able to effectively implement a children’s Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program into your current curriculum. It does not matter what “style” of martial arts program you instruct, the “Kid-Jitsu®” Program will allow you to:
- Confidently and thoroughly teach children fundamentally sound principles and techniques of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in your school, even if you have never taken or taught Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu before.
- Retain and/or upgrade more students in your school. You can effectively sell and market your school as a “Total Self-Defense” or “Totally Balanced” Martial Arts School. You will have your standing game and the ground game covered! The best of BOTH WORLDS!!
- Add a ground game to your current curriculum in as little as two or three classes per week!
- Promote your youth students through 10 belt levels, each with 4 degrees (stripes). You will be certified to promote your youth all the way to 4-Stripe Green Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The Green Belt is essentially the Children’s “Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu”.
- Receive a protected territory in the International “Kid-Jitsu®” Association. (I.K.J.A.)
- Take full marketing advantage of the popularity of the U.F.C. being on mainstream television. More people are aware of ground fighting and the need for a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu curriculum and you too can tap into this market.
- Offer a program that will bring new streams of revenue for you in upgrades, price increases to your current programs, additional belt tests for “Kid-Jitsu®”, as well as sharing in the student licensing fees.
- Increase your pro-shop sales with licensed Kid-Jitsu® Products: T-shirts, Stickers, Kid-Jitsu® Instructional DVD’s, Kid-Jitsu® Student Manuals, uniform patches, etc. You can also carry a line of BJJ uniforms and belts.
These are among the many reasons that the time has come for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to join the ranks in the traditional martial arts programs for children. It is time to change the game, open new markets and dominate in your market place. Be the first in your area to become a Licensed and Certified “Kid-Jitsu®” Instructor and get ahead of the curve.
Charles dos Anjos and I will be offering our first 3-day Instructor’s Certification Program in January 19-21, 2007 in Neptune Beach, Florida. Check our website at www.kid-jitsu.net for more details on our certification parameters.
To insure that all people will receive proper one-on-one instruction with Charles and me, we are limiting the Instructor Certification to the first 20 school owners and/or instructors to enroll. Don’t miss this opportunity, call or email me NOW!
Good Luck and Good Training!!
c/o Jacksonville Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Inc.
1475 Atlantic Blvd.
Neptune Beach, FL 32266
Websites: www.jaxbjj.com, www.kid-jitsu.net