Chinese Martial Studies
Kung Fu Tea, discusses all aspects of Chinese Martial Studies. Many of the posts focus on the academic study of the Chinese martial arts, but occasionally they delve into lighter topics like current events, movies or martial arts in the news and other areas of interest to students of the martial studies.
- Chinese Martial Arts in the News: July 13, 2020: The Summer Martial Arts Became Political
- Black Karate in the Chicago Ghetto, Localizing an Art
- Mulan, the Hidden Hilt Dao and the Dragon Sparrow: LK Chen Explores the Northern Dynasties
- Bruce Lee and the Problem with Being Water
- Through a Lens Darkly (64): Military Exercise Among the Chinese
- Lives of Chinese Martial Artists (23): Fu Zhen Song – Southbound Tiger
- Invest in Loss: Hope for Traditional Martial Arts
- History of East Asian Martial Arts: Weeks 12-14: Politics of Film and Online Instruction
- How to get Stabbed with a Sword in China
- Reflections on COVID-19, transnational (im)mobility, and collective ways of organizing
- Chinese Martial Arts in the News: May 22, 2020 – Epidemic, Closure and The Loss of Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine
- Do martial arts really make for more pro-social citizens? How the pandemic can help us answering that.
- Do martial arts make better citizens? How the pandemic answers a classic question.
- BJJ in the Age of Zoom
- Thriving in Pandemictown and Its Guilt