Chinese Martial Studies
Kung Fu Tea, discusses all aspects of Chinese Martial Studies. Many of the posts focus on the academic study of the Chinese martial arts, but occasionally they delve into lighter topics like current events, movies or martial arts in the news and other areas of interest to students of the martial studies.
- Seeking Identity through the Martial Arts: The Case of Mexicanidad
- Ma Liang’s “New Wushu:” Modernizing and Militarizing the Traditional Chinese Martial Arts
- The Five Tiger Stick Society: Pilgrimage, Local Religion and the Martial Arts
- Chinese Martial Arts in the News: August 4, 2017: MMA, Shaolin and Wong Jack Man
- Five Years of Kung Fu Tea: Making Martial Arts Studies Matter
- Looking Forward and Looking Back: The 2017 Martial Arts Studies Conference
- On the 44th Anniversary of Bruce Lee’s Death: Cult (Film) Icon
- Read it Now: Summer 2017 Issue of Martial Arts Studies!
- Lightsaber Combat and Wing Chun: The Search for Meaning in the Modern Martial Arts
- Imagining Ip Man: Globalization and the Growth of Wing Chun Kung Fu
- The Soldier, the Marketplace Boxer and the Recluse: Mapping the Social Location of the Martial Arts in Late Imperial China.
- Li Pei Xian and the Evolution of Modern Chinese “Martial Arts”