Chinese Martial Studies
Kung Fu Tea, discusses all aspects of Chinese Martial Studies. Many of the posts focus on the academic study of the Chinese martial arts, but occasionally they delve into lighter topics like current events, movies or martial arts in the news and other areas of interest to students of the martial studies.
- Through a Lens Darkly (8): Butterfly Swords, Dadaos and the Local Militias of Guangdong, 1840 vs. 1940.
- “Fighting Styles” or “Martial Brands”? An economic approach to understanding “lost lineages” in the Chinese Martial Arts.
- The Wing Chun Jo Fen: Norms and the Creation of a Southern Chinese Martial Arts Community.
- Through a Lens Darkly (11): Japanese Martial Artists in China.
- Sugong: Nick Hurst Explores South East Asia’s Shaolin Kung Fu Tradition.
- Mythology of the Kukri: Sign and Symbol