These simple self defense tips could save your life, please take a few minutes to read them and then put them into practice when necessary.
1.If you are being physically attacked poke out the eyes, strike hard to the throat with your fist use the palm of your hand to strike up and into the nose as hard as you can. Kick to the knee or use your knee to strike the groin as hard as you can. You must attack with multiple blows until you can get away. Do not stop striking to vital points with hands, knees, elbows etc.
2. We learned this from a tourist guide. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it as far away from you as possible. Chances are that the robber is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than in you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. then you RUN LIKE MAD in the Opposite direction!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of an older car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives. In newer cars, look for the glow-in-the-dark trunk release tabs incorporated into many newer vehicles. Back seats of many recent models fold down to accommodate the transport of larger items, so going deep into the trunk and pushing on the rear of the back seats (feeling about for knobs or levers to unlatch folding seats if necessary) might create an opening large enough for you to escape from a trunk.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR , LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, Repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and run into something that will create as big a scene as possible where people will see your situation.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
- Be aware, look around you, look into your car at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
- If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door as a caution.
- Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If someone is standing around near your car or sitting alone in the seat nearest your car and you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. If you are in a building where you must use the stairs or an elevator, be vigilant and stay focused on your surroundings. When you take and elevator do not get in if you are not sure of the occupants. Wait for an empty elevator. If someone is getting on with you and you are the least bit uncomfortable, wait and take the next car.
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As human beings, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP, as it may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who sometimes played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp or wore a sling on his arm, and asked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is how he abducted some of his victims.
9. If you are alone at night and hear something outside and are unsure of what to do, call the police and ask for help before you go outside to investigate.