Sergio Corral initial training in the martial arts began when he was 3 years old under his father, an experts in in the art Bujutsu-Kan. Sergio had been training for 5 years when his father died and it was up to him to continue his father’s legacy. Supported by his mother, Sergio continued his training in Shoto Kan Karate Do, as well as in other martial disciplines, including Tai Mantis Kung Fu, Wu Shu, and Full Contact Karate.
In June of 1986 he began training in Tang Soo Do with the World Association of Tang Soo Do and in 1990 he received the 1st dan (Reg. # 025181) with the Association.
In 1992 he Co-founded the Tang Soo Do Kyo Institute then in 1993 Sergio obtained his 2nd dan (Reg. # 67) through the Mexican Association of Tang Soo Do and his 2nd dan is ratified through the World Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Federation endorsed by Grand Master Jae Joon Kim.
In 1997 Sergio obtains his 3rd through the Mexican Association of Tang Soo Do, and this rank is later confirmed by Pan-Am Tang Soo Do Federation by Grandmaster Chong Su Kim (Reg. # 031990).
In 2002, together with Master Dr. Victor Manuel Volado Urias, a new phase in Tang Soo Do begins in Mexico and the Mexican Association restructures in Shim Jin Kwan Tang Soo Do. In January of 2002 Sergio Corral obtained his 4th dan, through the Mexican Association of Tang Soo Do, and this is also later confirmed by Pan-Am Tang Soo Do Federation by Grandmaster Chong Su Kim after 4 consecutive days of assessment at the Central School of Pan-Am Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan, in York Pennsylvania. He is also officially recognized as the representative of the Mexico of Pan-Am Tang Soo Do Federation.
In 2009, Sergio Corral brings Grand Master Chong Su Kim, Founding President of Pan-Am Tang Soo Do Federation to Mexico for the first time and Sergio is endorsed as a National representative of the Federation.
In 2010 Master Sergio Corral was recognized as 6th Dan, and organized the first National Tang Soo Do Tournament, open to all styles, in the city of Chihuahua, in the Mexican state of Chihuahua, Mexico.
In November 2012 Master Sergio Corral traveled to Korea representing Mexico for the 1st World Tang Soo Do Seoul Forum in Seoul Korea along with other top Tang Soo Do practitioners from around the world and he tested along side those Masters for his 7th Dan.
Grandmaster Sergio Corral is currently a 7th dan in The Mexican Federation of Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan, Karate Mexico.
- Master Carlos Gonzalez Romero, 5th dan (Founder of Tang Soo Do Kyo Institute)
- Master Víctor Manuel Urias, 6th dan (Founder of Shim Jin Kwan Mexican Association Tang Soo Do)
- Grand Master Chong Su Kim 8th dan, honorable candidate to 9 ° dan (Founder and
- President of Pan-Am Tang Soo Do MDK Federation)
- Grand Master: Dominick Giacobbe 9 Dan (Founder and President of the Intercontinental
- Tang Soo Do Organization) currently his master.
Attended these Clinical Seminars for Masters:
- Grand Master Jae Chul Shim, 9th dan
- Grand Master Jae Joon Kim
- Grand Master HC Hwang, 8th dan
- Grand Master Chong Su Kim 8th dan
- Grand Master Hee Suk Choi 10th dan
- Grand Master Chang Il Do
- Grand Master Koe Woong Choung