Tokey Hill is a figurehead in both the martial arts, and sports entertainment worlds alike. Known not only as a professional athlete, but an esteemed coach and promoter as well, Tokey Hill has a unique and multifaceted insight into the intertwining worlds of competing, coaching, and promoting. In 1980, he made history in Madrid, Spain, by being the first American to ever win the WKF World Championships; to date, he has won more international medals than any other karate practitioner in the United States.
Years later, Tokey became the National Coach for the USKF. Soon, he was the Head Coach for the USA/NKF and ultimately advanced into the position of Coach’s Committee Chair. In 1999, Tokey became the United States Olympic Committee’s Coach of the Year due to his coaching performance at the 1999 Pan American Games in Winnipeg, Canada. Having 11 of his athletes go on to win nine medals, (five gold, one silver, and three bronze) Tokey’s squad was named the Best Coached of the entire delegation.
After an unparalleled career as both a professional athlete and coach, Tokey is moving onto the next phase in his personal and professional life. Currently pursuing a career in sports entertainment/promotion, he has already proven himself as among the most affluent names in the business. Maintaining his ambition and competitive edge, Tokey will once again prove his excellence by continuing to take sports entertainment/promotion to the next level.
Team Tokey Hill
Team Tokey Hill, LLC (TTH) is a world wide entertainment organization specializing in the organization and promotion of local, state, national, and international sporting events. TTH has promoted such events as the Long Island Challenge Karate Championships held at the Vanderbelt, the Budweiser 5 Star Classic Big Apple Challenge International Invitational held at the prestigious Madison Square Garden in Manhattan, NY, the World Championships of Kickboxing held at the Foxwoods Casino & Resort, and most recently the 2005 Arnold Martial Arts Championships.
Team Tokey Hill, LLC (TTH) is the official organizational and promotional body for several events within the upcoming years. Due to past achievements and reputation for excellence and integrity, Team Tokey Hill has experienced an increase in proposals for event promotion. Such events include the 2006 Arnold Martial Arts Festival and the 2006 Arnold Boxing Invitational Championships. TTH will also be promoting a professional boxing and mixed martial arts event preceding the 2006 Arnold Fitness Weekend entitled “Friday Night Fights”. This event will be held at the prestigious Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio and is expected to fill to its 18,000 spectator maximum capacity.
In additional to the aforementioned events, TTH is the head authoritative body responsible for 2006 FISU World University Karate Championships. FISU is the premier World Championship for collegiate athletes and has been host to 25,500 competitors coming from 186 different countries whose ages range from 17 to 28 years old.
- WKF World Champion
- All Youth Japan Karate Champion
- Six Time National Karate Champion
- Six Time All American
- A.A.U. Athlete of the Year
- Inducted into National Karate Federation Hall of Fame
- Inducted into National Black Belt Magazine Hall of Fame
- U.S.A. Coach of the Year
- Two Time Gold Medalist Pan American Games
- Guinness Book of World Records – First American to Win a Gold Medal at the Karate World Championships
- Gold Medal, 1980 WUKO/WKF World Championship, Madrid, Spain.
- Six Time National Karate Champion.
- Six Time A A U All-American.
- Inducted into the USA-NKF Hall of Fame, Competitor’s Award.
- Inducted into the Karate Hall of Fame, Ohio Karate Association
- Gold Medal, All Youth Japan Karate Championship, Yokohama, Japan.
- Awarded Outstanding Technician at International of France, Paris, France.
- Gold Medal, Pan American Championships, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles.
- Bronze Medal, World Games, Santa Clara, California.
- Silver Medal, International of France, Paris, France