Now in his sixties, with more than 50 years Martial Arts experience, Vince Morris is a leading authority in the world of karate and his effective no-nonsense approach to his art has earned him worldwide respect. He regularly taught Tactical Officer Protection courses at the Antwerp Police Academy and for a variety of other Law Enforcement agencies which has brought him many commendations and citations for his extraordinary skills along with the acknowledgement that these skills have saved lives!
Always concerned with making the art of karate as effective as he knew it could be, Vince developed Kissaki-Kai Karate, and by utilizing his knowledge of pressure points and the “Rules of Combat” has seen it develop into a well-rounded system of personal protection.
Vince Morris has influenced many of today’s leading instructors both directly and indirectly via his teaching and numerous books and videos on applied karate. Kissaki-Kai has branch Dojo all over the world, in Europe, China and the USA.
Now based in America at the Kissaki-Kai Honbu Dojo, Vince continues to oversee the development of Kissaki-Kai Karate-Do International.
- Chairman & Chief Instructor: Kissaki-Kai Karate-Do
- Chairman International Society for Okinawa and Japanese Karate.
- Senior Coach English Karate Governing Body.
- Director: Law Enforcement Training Services International.
- Member ILEETA (Int. Law Enforcement Trainers and Educators Assn.
- Consultant Instructor to various Law Enforcement Services world-wide – Law Enforcement Tactics & Officer Protection
- Twice awarded Police Academy Citations for “Professionalism and amazing skills.”
- Recognised authority on close-range combat tactics and the use of vital points.
- Acknowledged as one of the world’s foremost instructors and lecturers in the field of Police Officer Tactics and safety, and of karate and allied combat arts.
- Called by Ex-White House Security Advisor: “The Master who teaches the Professionals.”
- Former Director: International Institute for Kyusho-Jutsu Research.
- Former Chairman of the Martial Arts Commission, a UK Government (Home Office) instigated body to oversee the standards and practice of all martial arts in England, reporting to the Sports Council and the Minister for Sport.
- For many years a senior student of Shiro Asano SKI 8th Dan
- SKI International and medalist in both kumite and kata, consistent member of the Asano sensei’s SKI (GB) British championship winning team.
- Respected and recognised worldwide; coach to British Team at JKA World Championships – Dubai.
- Experienced Judo-ka.
- Designated by the US Govt. as possessing “Exceptional Skills and Talents.”
- Author of 12 books published world-wide, plus a series of instructional videos & DVDs
- Regular National Magazine columnist in the UK and the USA.
- In 2005 invited on to the board of technical advisors for Martial Arts Teachers.
- 2007 Awarded 8th Dan Black Belt by International Society of Okinawan/Japanese Karate
- 2007 Awarded title of “Meijin” by International Martial Arts Symposium in recognition of…”Lifetime of dedication and leadership to the Martial Arts community and as a model of noble character…”
- 2008 Awarded 8th Dan by awards panel of Kissaki-Kai Karate-Do.
Law Enforcement seminars in New Jersey, South Carolina, Chicago, California and Michigan.
Kissaki seminars in various US locations plus internationally in the UK, China, Thailand and Europe.
Presented the inaugural ‘Master Class’ seminar in conjunction with ‘American Samurai’ magazine in the HQ, New Jersey.
Instrumental in purchasing and designing premises as HQ training centre for Kissaki-Kai and Law Enforcement Training International. Presents regular classes at the new HQ including classes for overseas visiting instructors in Law Enforcement and Karate. To date, visiting instructors have attended from the UK, Belgium, Holland, Canada and China.
- Video & DVD – ‘Tekki Shodan’
- Video & DVD – ‘Kanku Dai Revisited’
- Video & DVD – ‘Karate’s Hidden Throws’
- Video & DVD – ‘Nijushiho’
- Video & DVD – ‘Extreme Self Defense’
- Video & DVD – ‘Kissaki-Kai Karate-Do’
- Video & DVD – ‘Empi’
Kissaki-Kai Karate-Do International
Contact: Vince Morris, 8th Dan
1 Chemin de la Ceriseraie, La Caumette,
34600 Faugères, France
Phone: 0033 (0) 9510 34223