Master Geoff Bennett who has been teaching martial arts for the past 35 years.
Geoff’s interest in martial arts began as a child watching his favourite TV shows, The Samurai (starring Shintaro, the master swordsman) and Phantom Agents (another popular Japanese TV series in the 1960s). His exposure to gymnastics at an early age contributed to his remarkable agility and flexibility that you see today.
Although Geoff Bennett was only eleven years old when he was first introduced to judo, it was in 1973 when he first started taking formal lessons under Merve Okley at GoJu-Kai. In the meantime, he was checking out every other martial school in Sydney. It was a year later when Geoff Bennett decided to train under Master Ho Soon Cheng and soon became an Assistant Instructor, teaching at the University of New South Wales for The Chinese Youth Society. In 1980, he became the head instructor of the University of New South Wales Martial Arts Club.
- 1973 Commenced formal training under Merve Okley GoJu-Kai.
- 1974 Begins training Kung Fu under Master Ho Soon Cheng and becomes Assistant Instructor.
- 1975 Commenced instruction for Master Ho at the University of New South Wales for The Chinese Youth Society.
- 1978 Third Place in the NSW Open Karate Championships .
- 1980 Commenced running University of NSW Martial Arts Club as Head Instructor in Australia .
- 1981 Started training with 5th school of Shaolin, Hung Gar, under Baron Tennyson Yiu.
Trained under Bill SUPERFOOT Wallace Clinic.
- 1983 Trained under Benny THE JET Urquidez Clinic.
Trained with the TOP MASTERS GROUP, Penang.
- 1984 Joined Australian Kung Fu Federation.
- Second Place in forms at GOSHIN RYU OPEN.
Given sole ownership of the University of NSW Martial Arts Club.
- 1985 Eliminated at the Hunter Valley Championships due to broken leg.
- An Accreditated National Coach since 1985
- 1990 Chris Paulin becomes Instructor in Australia.
- 1991 Kim Lee becomes Instructor in Malaysia.
- 1995 George Tefanis becomes Instructor in Greece.
- 2001 Renamed School Geoff Bennett Martial Arts International.
- 2005 Chris Paulin promoted to Master Level.
- 2005 Master Geoff wins Forms (empty hands and weapons categories) at Martial Arts Spectacular.
- 2006 Henry Fong becomes Instructor in Australia.
- 2007 Julius Juarez becomes Instructor in Australia
For more information about Geoff Bennett and Geoff Bennett’s Martial Arts International visit his listing on the Martial Arts Schools and Businesses Directory by clicking on the image on the left.