Grand Master Rick Alemany has been actively teaching for over 40 years and has directly instructed 8 students to the rank of Professor (7th Dan or above). GM Rick Alemany has developed a vast number of skilled instructors and is a frequent instructor at international master’s events. His focus on effective competition, self-defense tactics and reality based training makes him a highly sought after instructor. Grand Master Rick Alemany began his training in the martial arts in the 1962. He quickly became a skilled fighter and established him self as a champion in the tournament circuit of the 60’s 70’s and 80’s.
Grand Master Rick Alemany’s main style is kenpo karate with Great Grand Master Ralph Castro as his primary instructor. His expertise further includes Ju Jitsu instructed by Dr. Duke Moore, Wing Chun instructed by Chris Chan, Modern Arnis (Filipino stick fighting) with Grand Master Remy Presas and Grand Master Ernesto Presas, Tai Chi with Tony Ho, Shorin-Ryu with Richard Kim, Kajukenbo with both Abraham Kamahoahoa and Sid Asuncion.
CURRENT MARTIAL ARTS RANKS
- 10th Degree, Grand Master, A.T.A.M.A., Duke Moore
- 8th Degree, Shaolin Kenpo, Great Grandmaster Ralph Castro
- 6th Degree, Kajukenbo, Professor Sid Asuncion
- 5th Degree, Kajukenbo, Sijo Adriano D. Emperado,
Professor Sid Asuncion, Professor Abraham Kamahoahoa
- 7th Degree, Modern Arnis, Grand Master Ernesto Presas
- 3rd Degree, Modern Arnis, Grand Master Remy Presas
- Grand Master Rick Alemany’s philosophy is that martial arts can benefit anyone, spiritually as well as physically, without regards to age, gender, race or capability.
- Grand Master Rick Alemany is one of the co-founders of A.T.A.M.A. (American Teachers Association of the Martial Arts)